Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fever Dream by: Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child

This is the latest in the series of books by Preston & Child. These gentlemen have included in this series of stories a little bit of everything: mystery, creepy, things that go bump in the night, psychological, I don't want to put off the faint of heart, but in some of the stories there is some gore as it pertains to the story.
They give us a fascinating hero-Special Agent Pendergast and a cast of characters that so interesting that as you read the books you feel you get to know them personally. You know you've hit upon a good author when you become invested in the characters of the tales they are spinning. I don't want to start talking about the story lines to much or that would give away your fun in discovering these very interesting authors and their books.
Preston & Child have written other books each on their own. I first became acquainted with Douglas Preston when I read Tyrannosaur Canyon. An excellent fast paced read with lots of adventure. You may have guessed by now my favorite reads are mystery, adventure, and historical. Oops, maybe I'm not as eclectic as I thought.

Happy Reading,
Beverly G ♥

1 comment:

  1. I love Pendergast too...but I am a bit behind in this series and am too busy to pick up one right now because this series makes me want to stay up all hours and put down one and pick up the next right away LOL!

    Thanks for reviewing without spoilers for those of us who can't quite read as fast as you ;-)

    ReplyDelete