Sunday, September 5, 2010

Guardians of Ga'Hoole by: Kathryn Lasky

I saw a preview at the movies a few months ago that really sparked my interest. It seems it has sparked the interest of a lot of other people also. The books are very hard to find. Fortunately, a friend of mine found the first 3 on Paper Back Swap . The series is the Guardians of Ga'Hoole. The first 3 titles are: The Capture, The Journey, and The Rescue.
I found these books not only to be entertaining, but also filled with some wonderful life lessons. Friendship, loyalty, courage, love. I don't know that adventure is a life lesson, but oh my, life is so much more fun when we have some adventure included.
I think these books are rated for the 9 to 12 year old group of readers, but as I am still a kid at heart I do like to refresh myself from time to time with these most important things that we learn as we are growing up.
Since, these books have been hard to find at the book store it is wonderful to think that a movie preview would spark interest in reading and that parents would help their children to seek these books out to read.

Happy Reading,
Beverly G ♥

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the trailers and I so want to read these...thanks for pointing them out. Wonder if they are available for the Kindle?

    ReplyDelete