Monday, October 4, 2010

The Physician's Tale by: Ann Benson

A friend loaned me this book because she's knows I like some science fiction and futuristic books. I liked this book as much for the story as for the way Ms. Benson handled the juggling of two stories simultaneously. After I read this book and discussed it with my friend, she said some people did not like jumping back and forth between the past and the future. As an avid history buff, I am familiar with stories about the plague during the age of the Black Death when a good portion of the population was wiped out. This story brings 2 physicians from past and future together in an intriguing scenario that in this age of technology you could see where something like this could almost be possible.
I found this to be an interesting and intriguing read and even though there are three books ahead of this one it was a good stand alone read if you haven't read the other ones first.

Happy reading,
Beverly G ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment