Saturday, December 8, 2012

Completed The Chunkster Challenge

I have successfully completed the Chunkster Challenge for 2012 with the last book on the list below:

1. The Scottich Prisoner---Diana Gabaldon--534 pgs.
2. Rebels & Traitors---Lindsey Davis--742 pgs.
3. 1632---Eric Flint--552 pgs.
4. Time Spike---Eric Flint & Marilyn Kosmatka--467 pgs.
5. Wizards First Rule---Terry Goodkind--820 pgs.
6. Stone of Tears---Terry Goodkind--979 pgs.


The last book Stone of Tears is the longest so far and it is the second in a series of 8. The rest of the series are all Chunksters and I plan on using them for my entries in next years contest.
If you are a fan of Fantasy Fiction this is a good series to invest in. The characters are good and evil. So far good has prevailed. There is lots of adventure and dire fixes that the characters get themselves into and have to figure out solutions for. My only complaint with this second book was toward the middle it got a little too much description of every little thing and then when I got past that the author picked up the pace again and came in with a smashing finish to lead you to the next book in the series.
I still liked it well enough that I will continue with the series so far.
Sometimes I just need a little bit of magic and fantasy to relieve the stresses of everyday life.

Happy Reading--
Beverly G ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment